top of page
image of nurses and doctors working in treatment room

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Why do I always need to bring my ID, and all of my insurance cards? If I've already been to ENT Specialists before, don't you have that information on file?
    The ID requirement is a federal law attempting to prevent identity theft. This protects you from someone else trying to get medical care under your name. All insurance cards are necessary as many have supplemental insurance in addition to primary insurance. See: Public Law 108-159 Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act of 2003 Also, the ENT Specialists team has found that patient information often changes between visits.
  • Do I always need to bring my medication list to my appointment? If I’ve already been a patient, isn’t that already on record?
    Yes, we always need your up-to-date medication information. If you are a new patient, it is critically important that you bring an up-to-date list of current medications. Your doctor needs this information as it may pertain to your medical evaluation, or may be important to know if new medications are prescribed to check for interactions. If you are an existing patient, it is still very important for us to confirm whether or not any changes to your medications have been made.
  • If my referral wasn't sent from my primary care doctor's office, can I sign a waiver and still be seen?
    Unfortunately, no. You can only be seen if your referral has been received. Please refer to our Patient Financial Policy. We will offer to reschedule you if a referral is not yet in place.
  • I've had imaging studies taken (CT scan, MRI, X rays). Do I need to bring the films/CD of the scans to my appointment?
    Yes, please always bring in the CT/MRI/X-ray etc. of the injury or condition that you have if you have had them done prior to your appointment with us. It is the patient’s responsibility to bring a copy to the appointment. Most hospitals usually don’t send us the films or the reports. CDs of the films are appreciated, and are available on request from the place where you had your studies done.
  • If I have health insurance, why does the receptionist ask me if my visit is the result of a vehicle accident or work injury?
    Health insurances require that auto insurance or workers’ compensation insurance be used before their insurance. Also, making a record of the injury protects you should there be any question about how the injury occurred.
  • If I'm running late for my appointment, what should I do?
    Please call us! If you are less than 15 minutes late, call the office or call center to let the office know you will be a little late. Any later than that, call to reschedule. Do NOT simply no-show.
  • I can't pay my copay at the time of the visit. What should I do?
    Unfortunately, we will not be able to see you without your copay at the time of service. Per the Patient Financial Policy, ENT Specialists, Inc. will offer to reschedule you.
  • I have an outstanding balance on my account. What should I do?
    Call the billing department at: 781-769-3222 and discuss this with our billing staff. We are always willing to discuss flexible payment arrangements.
  • Why can't I see a different doctor in the practice?
    By staying with the same doctor, you create a long-term care relationship. The doctor that knows you well will quickly recognize new medical conditions. However, exceptions will be made when appropriate. For example, one of our ENT doctors will sometimes see another doctor’s patients if the regular doctor is unavailable or there is an urgent reason to do so.
  • Why didn't I get a reminder call?
    We try to give every patient a reminder call. However, the patient is always expected to remember the appointment day and time.
  • My parent/aunt/grandparent doesn't speak English well. Should I accompany them and provide translation?
    Yes, please do so. There is limited availability of interpreters without advance notice. It can be extremely helpful for a family member to assist with interpretation.
  • Can a patient under the age of 18 be seen without a parent or guardian?
    No, a parent or legal guardian must accompany and sign documents for any legal minor patient under the age of 18.
  • What if there is a change in my name, address, or phone number?
    Please notify us of any changes. It is very important that we have up-to-date information in your medical record.
  • What if I want a copy of my records?
    To obtain a copy of your medical records, please do the following: Write a letter requesting your records. Clearly write your name, date of birth and the doctor you usually see. Be sure to specify if you will pick up the records or include delivery instructions for where we are to fax/mail your medical records. Sign and date the letter, and either mail it or fax it to any of our offices. Depending on the complexity of the request, we may have it ready from 2 to 7 days.
  • My ENT doctor told me that the next time I'm experiencing certain symptom(s), to call and try to be seen as soon as I can. What should I do?
    Call the main number of any one of our offices and when you hear the message, Press 1. Identify yourself and explain to the ENT Specialists team member that your doctor asked you to report your symptoms.
  • What is an FAQ section?
    An FAQ section can be used to quickly answer common questions about you or your business, such as “Where do you ship to?”, “What are your opening hours?” or “How can I book a service?” It’s a great way to help people navigate your site and can even boost your site’s SEO.
bottom of page