Dr. Jagdish Dhingra
Thyroid & Parathyroid Disorders, Head & Neck Cancer Surgery
Dr. Dhingra joined ENT Specialists in 2002. He attended the University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University, Delhi, India, earning his medical degree in 1985. He did his initial surgical training in New Delhi, India (1985-1989), and subsequently in London, UK (1989-1996) before moving to the United States. He completed his residency training at Tufts Medical Center in Boston in 2002.
In addition to his duties at ENT Specialists, Dr. Dhingra serves as Regional Residency Director and Clinical Assistant Professor at the Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology.
In 2004, Medical Missions for Children (MMFC) started a thyroid goiter surgery mission to Gitwe, a remote village in Rwanda, under the leadership of Jagdish K. Dhingra, MD, MBBS, FRCS. In May 2018, it completed its 13th annual mission.
Dr. Dhingra’s medical interests include: head and neck cancer, and thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Dr. Dhingra is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Dhingra is certified by the AACE Neck Ultrasound Certification Committee in Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound (ECNU).
PUBLICATIONS: 1. Dhingra, JK. Office Based Ultrasound-Guided FNA with Molecular Testing for Thyroid Nodules Otolaryngology-HNS. 2016;55(4):564-567. 2. Rebecca Compton, Jonathon Simmonds, Jagdish K Dhingra Feasibility of Total Thyroidectomy as an ambulatory surgery in Community Practice. https://doi.org/10.1177/2473974X20957324 Oto Open Volume: 4 issue: 2 First Published September 29, 2020 3. Jennifer Harb, Dara Bakar, Jagdish K Dhingra. Diagnostic Accuracy of Fine Needle Biopsy for Salivary Gland Neoplasms in a Community Otolaryngology Practice. https://doi.org/10.1177/2473974X20949184 Oto-Open Volume: 4 issue: 3 First Published August 27, 2020 4. Jagdish K. Dhingra. Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy of First 1,000 Consecutive Unselected Thyroid Nodules – A Single Surgeon Experience. Oto-Open, Volume: 4 issue: 2, Article first published online: June 2, 2020; Issue published: January 1, 2020
1. Jennifer L. Harb, Jagdish K. Dhingra Ultrasound vs CT/MRI as primary diagnostic modality for Parotid Lesions. Virtual Podium presentation at the Annual AAO HNS meeting 20202.
2. Michelle White, Jennifer L. Harb, Jagdish K. Dhingra
Validating Molecular Testing: Long Term Follow-up of Cytologically Indeterminate Afirma® Benign Thyroid Nodules Virtual Poster presentation at the Annual AAO HNS meeting 2020
3. Carolyn DeBiase, Merry Sebelik, Srinivasa Rama Chandra, Jagdish Dhingra Lateral Approach Improves Surgical Access to the Superior Pole in Giant Endemic Goiters Virtual poster presentation at the Triological annual meeting at COSM 2020.
4. Jonathon C Simmonds, Rebecca Compton, Jagdish K Dhingra Comparison of Genomic Classifier Testing in Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules. Poster presentation at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, New Orleans. LA September 15-18, 2019
5. Rebecca Compton, Jonathon Simmonds, Jagdish K Dhingra The feasibility of Total Thyroidectomy as an ambulatory surgery in Community Practice. Podium presentation at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, New Orleans. LA September 15-18, 2019
6. M Sebelik, C Shires, Jagdish K Dhingra Superior Thyroid artery CT scan study. Poster presentation at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, New Orleans. LA September 15-18, 2019
7. Erin K. Haser, MD , Jagdish K. Dhingra, MD. Validation of Afirma Gene Expression Classifier Testing in Reducing Unnecessary Surgeries in the Management of Cytologically Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules: Single-Center Community-Based Study. Poster presentation at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. October 7-10, 2018
8. Jonathan C Simmonds, Christopher M Shumrick, Lorna L Ogden, Cindi A Snowden, Jagdish K Dhingra, MD. Comparison of Diagnostic Capability and Pain Between Needle Sizes for Fine Needle Aspiration of Thyroid Nodules: A Blinded Randomized Trial Poster presentation at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. October 7-10, 2018
9. Merry Sebelik, Ameer Shah, Jeremiah Tracy, Aaron Smith, Vianney Ruhumuliza, RN, Jagdish Dhingra. Utility of Vocal Cord Ultrasound Before and After Thyroidectomy for Endemic Goiter in a Low Resource Setting. Poster presentation at the Annual AAO-HNS Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, September 10-13, 2017
10. Jagdish K. Dhingra. Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy (USG- FNAB) of First 1,000 Consecutive Unselected Thyroid Nodules – A Single Surgeon Experience. Podium presentation at the Triological Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, January 19-21, 2017 11. Dhingra JK, Sebelik M, Tracy JC. Lateral approach to superior thyroid pedicle – A safer alternate in large goiters. Poster presentation at the Annual Triological Society Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, May 20-21, 2016
12. Dhingra JK. Office Based USGFNA with Molecular Testing for Thyroid Nodules. AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, Dallas, Texas. September 2015.
Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors™ (2012 – 2013)
American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
Steward Good Samaritan Medical Center, Brockton, MA
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, Brockton, MA
Steward Morton Hospital, Taunton, MA
Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Attleboro, MA
Steward Norwood Hospital, Norwood, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center—Needham, MA
35 Pearl Street
2nd Floor (Suite 200)
Brockton, MA 02301
Phone: 508-588-8034 | Fax: 508-897-0475
Hearing Services: 508-580-3637
Guild Building - Suite 310
825 Washington Street
Norwood, MA 02062
Phone: 781-769-8910 | Fax: 781-255-9844
Hearing Services: 781-769-2004
188 Washington Street (US Route 1)
Plainville, MA 02762
Phone: 508-699-1701 | Fax: 508-699-1706
Hearing Services: 508-699-1704
72 Washington St #1600
Morton Hospital - Thayer
Taunton, MA 02780
Phone: 508-880-3460 | Fax: 508-880-5335
Hearing Services: 508-880-1993